The last wing finally gets finished, after a few months of funky weather.
I won't bore you with the details, but the grueling removal of the gelcoat is finished.
All that is left is the minor repair work and the modification to to the wing tips before they are painted this spring!
Now that both wings await the repair work, and Fall is upon us, I figured that next best plan of action is to get them cleaned out inside and seal all of the openings to protect them any addition dust contamination.
This was a good plan, because, while I was working on the right wing, I noticed a dark mass between the two air brake boxes in the mid-wing.
It looked like a nest.
With the help from my wife, I was able to vacuum grapple the mass, and to my surprise, it was a mouse nest!
I have no clue how long that was in there, but it had to be some time ago.
There was much material floating around in the wing including twigs and leaves from the busy little fellow. I had to shake the wing a little to get the debris in reach of the vacuum.
So, that concludes this portion of the restoration.
Next is the repair work and painting!