Welcome to a work in progress

This blog is dedicated to the restoration and modification of a Glasfl├╝gel Standard Libelle H201B, and a tribute to those who have dared to do the same, and to those who are helping with seeing this dream take flight.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bound and Determined!

Joseph and I are as the topic title states; we are bound and determined to finish this plane by the end of the year. We have thirty days to do it in.

Joseph feels we have about 180 hours left. The only roadblock we discovered now is the spigot pins. Robert needs to inspect them. The is some corrosion and the glass around the mounts needs to be replaced. I just hope the pins don't need to be replaced.

The week before, Joseph put in 50 hours on repaing the delaminated seam on the fusalage spin and the final cleanup finishing on the fairings on the fuselage. They are crisp!









He also worked on the cleanup on the fuselage canopy tracks. Over the past week and a half, I cleaned up the resin squeeze out that was on the inside canopy frame. Joseph will be working on the final fit and fairing cleanup over this next week.






Today, we worked on the left wing. Joseph worked on the fairings, and we installed the new replacement aileron pushrod for the one that was corroded. I have finished glassing over the bolts in on the airbrakes.






 

With lights left on, the room is kept warm to allow the resin to cure overnite! 










Tomorrow, we start work on the left wing, filling, sanding the hopefully bob the wingtip for the winglets!