The panel is done!
After waiting a year for the radio, I had all of the parts to finish the work I started over two years ago!
The assembly was quite simple after working out the design and then successfully cutting out the holes.
The first step was to locate the area that the pneumatic tubing and wires would come into the panel tray.
The terminal block was placed close to the junction of the entering wires. The transponder encoder tray was then mounted to the base of the panel tray.
When this step was completed, I tested each component separately to verify that they work.
Robert suggested that I do not use COAX pigtails to connect the radio and transponder antennas. The only trick is getting the transponder cable connected first, and then reattaching the encoder DIN connector.
(this photo shows how far I am with the cockpit, more to be covered in another post)
I remounted the radio and using a Brother P-touch thermal label maker, I created the placards.
After two years, the panel is finished and ready to be mounted back into the glider.
Here are the before and after photos of the panel.
We are getting closer!....
My deadline on getting the plane to Robert is the last week in May!