Welcome to a work in progress

This blog is dedicated to the restoration and modification of a Glasflügel Standard Libelle H201B, and a tribute to those who have dared to do the same, and to those who are helping with seeing this dream take flight.

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Winter 2014!??! .... so soon!

Well gang... we went from summer to winter here in New Mexico. What happened to fall!!?!?

My last flight was in late September, I was hoping to get a few more in before the weather turns foul, but that didn't happen.

There have been some wave days, but those have been during the week, and with my glider in a trailer, it makes for an unpleasant ordeal to assemble and disassemble the glider a strong, cold wind.

So, I'm focused on working on the wrecked PIK-20B during the winter months.

So, for now, I'm standing down on flights for the next few months, until the weather settles down and good lift returns to my neck of the woods.

2 comments:

  1. Hello John,
    I'm a highschool senior who picked up an ol' Libelle for free!
    The gelcoat turned out to be bad ( after 10 yrs it all started to peel ) and it was left in the rain for ~5 years + the trailer is in terrible condition, but she's mine.
    I'm starting the trek of rebuilding mine, and boy, what a joy to see this blog. It's a treasure trove of information, which I'm sure I will find invaluable.

    One thought though is the time it took to repair. As a teenager, I find commitment scary, but I want to dedicate myself to this cause. I admire people who complete projects, but now that I have one on my hands, I'm a little nervous. My question is, how did you keep up your hope and not crumble into despair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Daniel
      Please email me at planetxpress@aol.com

      Delete