Welcome to a work in progress

This blog is dedicated to the restoration and modification of a Glasflügel Standard Libelle H201B, and a tribute to those who have dared to do the same, and to those who are helping with seeing this dream take flight.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

From Bare Glass to Diamonds. - It's Badge time - Silver and Gold Badge

I know it has been awhile since I've posted anytime, but I have been out flying when I can!
It has been a fairly good year for me and my Libelle. I have managed to log about 55 hours this year. We have had a wet year again, and between thunderstorms and over development in the afternoons, I managed to complete my Silver Badge requirements, and achieved getting my Gold Badge as well!

I made 3 attempts for my Gold Badge, with one of my flights ending in my first land out on a muddy runway after getting knocked down by a fast developing thunderstorm that closed in around me after rounding my first way-point. 


I have achieved my first Diamond after completing my Diamond Goal flight.

So I'm planning my Diamond Altitude this winter, providing I can forecast a Waveflight.
















So, with the weather over the past few weeks not being the best for flying, I have re-modified my instrument panel with the addition of a new Borgelt B700 Vario, and replacing my Flarmview with a panel mount Flarmview 57.

Over the summer, my Borget B40 was giving me fits with the audio, and when I sent it in for repair, Borgelt made me an offer on purchasing a replacement.

So, it's back to watching the weather, and hoping for a early spring!

Safe Flying!




1 comment:

  1. Just read your article in SOARING. I owned a Libelle , sn. 440, for 20 years. I have a Discus 2ax now but love to see a nice Libelle being restored. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete