Saturday both wings were brought back into the shop.
They were cleaned and then sanded down with 400 grit to get them prepped for painting.
Saturday and Sunday we painted the wings.
We had another set back when I found out that the blue accents were not in compliance with the type certification of the Libelle, and the blue paint that was on one of the winglets had to be removed. We had to repaint the rudder due to some moisture contamination in a couple of areas.
Wednesday, yet another set back, Robert wanted us to move the wings back into the trailer to make room for a cleanup and repair on another glider.
Thursday and Friday were pretty much the same as Wednesday. There were a couple of setbacks with painting and cleanup. The wing spar stubs needed to be painted, and the horizontal need another coat.
Saturday and Sunday, we did nothing but remove the masks and fine sanded the wings and fuselage for the final polishing
All that was left after nine days of work is the fuselage, horizontal and rudder need to be polished.
If all goes well, the glider will be ready for me to finish the interal linkage inspection with Robert and perform the final trim out of the cockpit this next weekend. Then assembly, W&M,W&B, and then out to test fly!