I finished connecting the aileron linkage and airbrake controls. The airframe is now ready to be assembled for testing of the control surfaces. Robert told me today that he will have the W/B on the control surfaces finished this week.
I set the main gear doors and have the bungees in place, tested the gear retracts and all looks good.
Finally, I peeled away the plexi protective coating,
... and inspected the canopy.
There are a few scratched inside, near the aft area near the frame, but it is light, and can be polished out.
So, this week, I believe all that is left is up to Robert now. The control surfaces still need to have their weights and moments calculated. After that is done, I can finish sealing the wings, rudder and elevators. Drop in the seat pan, seatback, and get the final W/B on the bird! All of this can be done on Saturday!
We are just about ready for that first test flight!