Welcome to a work in progress

This blog is dedicated to the restoration and modification of a Glasflügel Standard Libelle H201B, and a tribute to those who have dared to do the same, and to those who are helping with seeing this dream take flight.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Brighter Image!

Today, I was able to get the Antenna/balun connected to the radio COAX, and tested it!. The speaker is now wired up and I secured any loose wiring.

I finished connecting the aileron linkage and airbrake controls. The airframe is now ready to be assembled for testing of the control surfaces. Robert told me today that he will have the W/B on the control surfaces finished this week.

I set the main gear doors and have the bungees in place, tested the gear retracts and all looks good.


Finally, I peeled away the plexi protective coating,

... and inspected the canopy.

There are a few scratched inside, near the aft area near the frame, but it is light, and can be polished out.














So, this week, I believe all that is left is up to Robert now. The control surfaces still need to have their weights and moments calculated. After that is done,  I can finish sealing the wings, rudder and elevators. Drop in the seat pan, seatback, and get the final W/B on the bird! All of this can be done on Saturday!

We are just about ready for that first test flight!



3 comments:

  1. Good Luck!
    I've been following you since the start!
    Impressed by your work and stamina!
    I flew the libelle in the 80's and I loved to fly it.
    I can imagine with the winglets and new wing body sealing it i a even nicer bird to fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this bird looks so beautifull... its so great to see this old bird in such a perfect condition!!! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John,

    Absolutely incredible job, you must be so proud and excited right now! I share and fly works number 003 over here in the UK, I believe the earliest flying example and you are inspiring me to take her offline for a while! Yours could be flying for another 40 years with all the work you have done.

    Well done

    ReplyDelete